Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Bye Bye XP

After upsetting me for the last time, I did something I never thought I would do...I took the plunge whole-heartedly into Linux.

Mind you this is not trying the flavor of the week on some secondary machine. I backed up all my non-os data, and wiped my XP load clean off my primary PC at home (it will have to do until I get another mac).

I tried SuSE Open Source 10.3, I have to say that although it was nice, I was still left with the impression that it was missing things, mainly dual monitor support. U will write more tomorrow about my SuSE 10.3 experience, good and bad.

So Ubuntu it is...dual monitors, FireFox, Perl, Python, and CrossOver/Wine (soon). I'm not really needing much more atm. I don't have to worry about licensing, OEM crap, or corruption (scripts in place back up my home folder to a thumb drive).

It has been a while, but it is nice to be back /127.0.0.1

No comments: